Join us in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico at Hyatt ZIVA!
We want to celebrate & support the work you do by providing a retreat that combines fun, self care, rest & professional development!
Thursday January 16, 2020 – Monday January 20, 2020
A day in the life
Each day includes 4 hours of education by national speakers with plenty of time to rest by the pool or on the beach.
Nicole Kupchik Consulting, Inc. is an approved provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider #16363.
This program is approved for 12 contact hours.
Planning Your Trip
- Book your flights in and out of Puerto Vallarta International Airport (PVR)
- Hyatt ZIVA is located less than 30 minutes (7.5 miles) from Puerto Vallarta International Airport
- Average temperature in January is 83 degrees
- Citizens of the United States need a passport to visit Mexico
- Want to stay longer? You can extend your trip 3 days before or after our event dates
Countdown to Mexico
Included in Seminar Fees:
- Daily seminars
- Earn 12 CEU credits
- Daily yoga class on the beach
- Wellness acupuncture treatments
- Swag bag
- Welcome reception
- Baby turtle release back to the ocean
- Warmth & sunshine in January
Included in Hotel Fees:
- Stay at a luxury hotel with 5 infinity pools, including an adults only pool
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, specialty coffee, bottled water and teas
- Mini-bar stocked daily with beer, juice, soft drinks, bottled water & snacks
- Non-motorized water sports
- Daily activities
- Daily fitness classes & oceanfront fitness center
- Live entertainment & stage shows
- Free Wi-Fi
- Gratuities & any applicable taxes
- Round trip airport transfers
- Massage/spa treatments
How to Book Your Retreat:
Step 1: Register for the seminar
- Early Bird Registration: $499 per person*
- Regular Registration: $599 per person*
Register by October 1, 2019 for Early Bird
Cancellation refund requests must be received via email to email@example.com
- Before December 1, 2019: Full refund (minus $50 cancellation fee)
- No refunds after December 1, 2019
* For the + 1 guests who will not be attending the seminars, you will have the opportunity to add the private beach yoga at an additional charge
*Payment plans available. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Price for seminar only, hotel & airfare additional
Step 2: Book your room
- Group rates are valid 3 days prior & 3 days after the group traveling dates
- Rooms starting at $195 per person per night (double occupancy)
- Hotel reservations must be received on or before 5:00 PM resort local time, on Monday December 16, 2019
- Payment of room stay will be required upon arrival
Step 3: Get a good flight to Puerto Vallarta
- Book your flights in and out of Puerto Vallarta International Airport (PVR)
Step 4: Grab your passport & some sunscreen
- See you in Mexico!
About the Seminar
Continuing Education Credits:
Earn 12 continuing education unit (CEU) credits. A total of 12 contact hours are embedded throughout the retreat in three 4-hour learning opportunities.
Nicole Kupchik Consulting, Inc. is an approved provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider #16363. This program is approved for 12 contact hours.
Upside Down You Turn Me: When, Why & How of Prone Positioning for ARDS Patients
- Explain the physiologic rationale for the improvement in oxygenation and reduced lung injury with the prone position in patients with ARDS.
- Analyze patient and staff advantages and disadvantages of various methods to position patients prone.
- Identify evidence-based strategies for determining when to turn, how long to remain prone and preventing airway and skin complications.
To CHG or Not to CHG: What Does the Evidence Tell Us
- Examine the evidence for CHG use in oral hygiene for ventilated and non-ventilated patients.
- Discuss the use of CHG with bathing to reduce bacterial burden and possible HAI’s.
- Identify strategies to change practice to bring the latest evidence into your practice.
The Forgotten Organ: Strategies to Protect the Skin From Injury Through Using the Evidence
- Identify the critical barriers preventing the nurse from effectively delivering evidence-based care around mobility, shear and moisture.
- Identify various evidence-based strategies to reduce pressure, shear, friction, moisture and device related injuries.
- Detail implementation strategies through the introduction of an evidence-based protocol to drive prevention of skin injury.
What is This Feeling? Stress, Burnout, and Beyond!
- Differentiate burnout syndrome from other conditions such as stress, compassion fatigue, moral injury, and secondary trauma.
- Review types of stress (positive and negative) and their effect.
- Discuss ways to identify burnout in yourself and in others.
Self-care for Nurses: Strategies for the Individual
- Differentiate between a bad day vs. burnout.
- Identify at least 3 self-care strategies to implement in personal life.
- Identify at least 3 self-care strategies to implement in professional life.
Health Work Environments: Strategies for the Employer
- Define a healthy work environment according to specialty nursing organizations such as ANA, AACN, and ENA.
- List interventions the employer can take to create and sustain a healthy work environment.
- Identify ways the nurse can support positive culture change in the workplace.
Nicole Kupchik’s topics announcing soon!
Nationally Renowned Speakers
Kathleen M Vollman MSN, RN, CCNS, FCCM, FCNS, FAAN
Ms Vollman is a Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist, Educator and Consultant. She has published & lectured nationally and internationally on a variety of pulmonary, critical care, prevention of health care acquired injuries, work culture and sepsis recognition & management. From 1989 to 2003 she functioned in the role of Clinical Nurse Specialist for the Medical ICU’s at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit Michigan.
Currently her company, ADVANCING NURSING LLC, is focused on creating empowered work environments for nurses through the acquisition of greater skills and knowledge. Ms. Vollman is a subject matter expert for prevention of CAUTI, CLABSI and HAPI as well as sepsis recognition/management and the culture of safety for American Hospital Association and the Michigan Hospital Association. In 2004, Kathleen was inducted into the College of Critical Care Medicine, in 2009 she was inducted into the American Academy of Nurses. In 2012, Ms Vollman was appointed to serve as an honorary ambassador to the World Federation of Critical Care Nurses and is currently the financial director.
Nicole Kupchik MN, RN, CCNS, CCRN-K, PCCN-CMC, CSC
Nicole Kupchik has practiced as a Critical Care nurse for over twenty five years. She obtained her Nursing Degree from Purdue University in 1993 and a Master of Nursing from the University of Washington in 2008 with a specialty as a Clinical Nurse Specialist.
Nicole is a well-recognized national & international speaker on several emergency & critical care topics. She has taught CCRN® & PCCN® Certification review courses for over 10 years. She has had a very productive career which has included numerous publications, launching a Sepsis & Hypothermia program as well as Quality Improvement in Resuscitation and being the host of a Resuscitation podcast & YouTube show.
In January of 2017, Nicole published 4 books – Ace the CCRN®: You can do it! & Ace the PCCN®: You can do it Study Guides as well as Practice Question books for each exam. In 2018 she published “Ace the CMC®: You Can Do It!” Study Guide for the Cardiac Medicine Certification. Her 6th book, Ace the CSC®: You can do it! was published in early 2019.
Anna Rodriguez BSN, RN, PCCN, CCRN
Susan Groller LAc, RN, BSN, MSAOM
About the Hotel
Hyatt ZIVA Puerto Vallarta
Carretera a Barra de Navidad, Km. 3.5 Zona Hotelera Sur, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, 48390
Check-in: 3:00 PM local time I Check-out: 11:00 AM local time
- Luxury Puerto Vallarta All-Inclusive Resort
- Located on the exclusive, Las Estacas beach, on southern portion of Puerto Vallarta
- Situated directly on its own private cove with a lush tropical landscape and is only a 5-minute drive to Old Town
- Unlimited dining
- Endless drinks
- 5 pools, including a quiet pool for adults-only, 2 kids pools, and a pool with swim up bar
- Oceanfront fitness center
- Daily activities
- Live entertainment
- Free Wi-Fi
Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta features over 300 rooms and suites with breathtaking ocean views. Each luxury room or suite is decked out with designer details and lifestyle conveniences, such as large HDTVs, complimentary Wi-Fi, beverage centers and white marble bathrooms. Relax in comfortable sitting areas and enjoy in-suite spa experiences with hydro-massage bathtubs and rainfall showers in select suites.
Partial Ocean View
Indulge in this luxurious room featuring one king-sized bed or two double-sized beds. Enjoy partial views of the Pacific Ocean. Location: Main Tower, Ground Floor
- Single occupancy: $233 per person per night
- Double occupancy: $175 per person per night
- Triple occupancy: $163 per person per night
Ocean View Room
Indulge in this luxurious room featuring one king-sized bed or two double-sized beds. Enjoy magnificent views of the Pacific Ocean. Location: Main Tower, Floors 2-6
- Single occupancy: $291 per person per night
- Double occupancy: $182 per person per night
- Triple occupancy: $170 per person per night
Other rooms & suites are available via Hyatt ZIVA. If you are interested in booking these rooms, please contact Hyatt’s Reservation Hotline: +1 888.763.3901
All rates below are per person per night
Ocean View Balcony King/Double
SGL: $312/DBL: $195
Swim Up King/Double (Adults Only)
SGL: $328/DBL: $205/TPL: $191
Club Ocean View Suite King/Double
SGL: $360/DBL: $225/TPL: $210
Club Oceanfront Hot Tub King/Double
SGL: $376/DBL: $235/TPL: $219
Club Ocean View Swim Up Suite King/Double
SGL: $424/DBL: $265/TPL: $247
One Bedroom Plunge Pool Suite King
SGL: $736/DBL: $460
SGL: $1,600/DBL: $1,000
Indulge in this luxurious room featuring one king-sized bed or two double-sized beds. Enjoy direct ocean front views of the Pacific Ocean. Location: Main Tower, Floors 7-10
- Single occupancy: $304 per person per night
- Double occupancy: $190 per person per night
- Triple occupancy: $177 per person per night
Things to know before you register
Who can attend the Nurse's Education Retreat?
Anyone working in health care is welcome to attend our retreat: RN, LPN, LVN, PN, NP, APRN, RT & ARNP
Will there be any continuing education credits offered?
Yes, a total of 12 contact hours are embedded throughout the retreat in three 4-hour learning opportunities. Nicole Kupchik Consulting, Inc. is an approved provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider #16363.
What are the topics for the seminar?
Topics for the seminar will be announced on June 30th, 2019.
How do I register for the seminar?
You can register for the seminar here. Early bird registration is $499 person if registering before October 1st. Regular registration will be $599 per person after October 1st, 2019. Hotel & airfare are additional.
What is the cancellation policy?
Cancellation refund requests must be received via email to email@example.com. Cancellations received before December 1, 2019 are subject to a $50 cancellation fee. No refunds will be offered after December 1, 2019.
What is included in my seminar registration fee?
Seminar registration includes three 4-hour seminars, 12 CEU credits, daily yoga class on the beach, wellness acupuncture treatments, swag bag & welcome reception.
Do you offer a payment plan for the seminar?
Yes we do! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a payment plan.
Is the hotel included in the seminar price?
No, the hotel reservation is additional & can be booked through Hyatt ZIVA at our special group rate. But don’t forget, food, drinks, non-motorized activities, gratuities & taxes are all included in your room price.
What are the room options?
What is included in the hotel price?
Hyatt ZIVA is an all-inclusive resort. That means all drinks, meals, on-site entertainment, fitness facilities, non-motorized aquatic sports, daily outdoor & indoor activities, in-room minibar, free WiFi, guest parking, taxes & gratuities are all part of the all-inclusive package.
Do I need to pay now for the hotel room?
No, but a credit card is needed to hold the room. Each room reserved will have one primary person financially responsible for the room, but no payment is required until check-in.
Is there anything that is not included in the seminar and hotel fees?
Airfare, round trip airport transfers, excursions, massages & spa treatments are not included in the seminar and hotel fees. For round trip airport transfers, the resort can offer assistance in arranging transportation by third-party vendors at additional costs.
Can I stay longer than the seminar dates?
Can my significant other join me in Mexico?
Yes absolutely! They are also invited to our Welcome Reception in the evening of January 16th. We’ll have private beach yoga as an optional activity that they can add-on for an additional fee.
Does my significant other have to register for the seminar to stay at Hyatt Ziva?
No, your significant other does not have to register for the seminar. But be sure to select double occupancy in the hotel reservation so that they can enjoy all this resort has to offer!
Can I bring my kids?
Kids are welcome. However, please make sure that you have childcare during the seminars. Babysitting services are available via the resort for additional fees. Children from 0-2 years of age are free of charge when sharing the same room as their parents. Ages 3-12 years are $83 per night, per child. Children between the ages of 13-17 years pay adult rates & counts as the 2nd person in double occupancy or 3rd person in triple occupancy.
Other questions regarding the resort?
For any other questions regarding the resort, please visit their FAQ here.