The CCRN® Certification Online Course is designed to follow the AACN Certification Blueprint for the Adult CCRN® exam. This review will assist nurses who provide direct care to acutely/critically ill adult patients to obtain their certification.
The course focuses on:
- CCRN® Exam Overview
- Professional Caring & Ethical Practices
This course is comprised of eleven modules, each module is further divided into short sessions so that one can easily pinpoint any concept that needs extra reviewing. Nicole has a knack of breaking down key information and combining real life stories, catchy cheers and case studies to help solidify understanding of each disease state. She brings a wealth of knowledge, energy, enthusiasm and humor to her teaching, making this overwhelming content easily digestible, engaging & entertaining. Nicole strives to instill confidence in nurses to successfully pass the CCRN® exam!
Here are what nurses are saying about Nicole and her teaching style:
- “Nicole does a great job teaching in a way you can understand and keeps your attention.”
- “Great course! Kept us engaged as well for a long class. Great methods used to teach and remember course information.”
- “Your energy and passion to teach makes learning a breeze! Love how you break down complicated content and make it easy to remember.”
At the completion of this eLearning, participants should be able to:
- Discuss tactics on successful exam passage
- Describe pathophysiologic processes, assessment, and management priorities for patients with cardiovascular, neurological, pulmonary, renal, endocrine, behavioral/psychological, and multisystem issues in critical and cardiovascular care.
- Identify how the elements of the Synergy model of care and Healthy Work Environment can be embedded into daily practice activities.
- Apply the driving concepts of Professional and Caring Practices into clinical practice scenarios.
Module 1: Introduction & CCRN® Exam Overview – 22:59 mins
Module 2: Endocrine
- Session 1: Endocrine Module Overview – 1:29 mins
- Session 2: IV Fluids & Diabetes – 15:16 mins
- Session 3: Diabetic Ketoacidosis (DKA) & Hyperosmolar Hyperglycemic Syndrome (HHS) – 22:56 mins
- Session 4: SIADH & Diabetes Insipidus – 14:50 mins
Module 3: Renal
- Session 1: Renal Module Overview – 1:34 mins
- Session 2: Kidney Injury & Dialysis – 51:48 mins
- Session 3: Electrolyte Imbalances – 32:19 mins
- Session 4: Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT) – 5:43 mins
Module 4: Cardiovascular
- Session 1: Cardiovascular Module Overview – 1:40 mins
- Session 2: Anatomy & Physiology Review – 18:08 mins
- Session 3: Valve Dysfunction – 29:58 mins
- Session 4: Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS) – 35:44 mins
- Session 5: 12 Lead ECG & Types of Myocardial Infarctions – 38:44 mins
- Session 6: Complication of Myocardial Infarction, Cardiac Surgery & Tamponade – 25:57 mins
- Session 7: Dysrhythmias – 22:52 mins
- Session 8: Heart Failure & Cardiomyopathies – 49:06 mins
- Session 9: Acute Inflammatory Disease – 10:49 mins
- Session 10: Hypertension, Aneurysms & Peripheral Vascular Disease – 21:56 mins
- Session 11: Bradycardia, Pacemakers & Cardiac Arrest – 18:18 mins
Module 5: Pulmonary
- Session 1: Pulmonary Module Overview – 1:55 mins
- Session 2: Arterial Blood Gas Interpretation & Capnography – 33:17 mins
- Session 3: Respiratory Failure, Asthma & COPD – 32.30 mins
- Session 4: Pulmonary Embolism, Pulmonary HTN, Lung Cancer & Chest Tubes – 29:37 mins
- Session 5: Mechanical Ventilation – 26:58 mins
- Session 6: Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) – 19:33 mins
Module 6: Neurology
- Session 1: Neurology Module Overview – 1:35 mins
- Session 2: Neuro Anatomy & Assessment – 21:57 mins
- Session 3: Stroke – 41:14 mins
- Session 4: Traumatic Brain Injury – 11:17 mins
- Session 5: Complications of Neuro Insults – 19:24 mins
- Session 6: Seizures, Meningitis, Guillain Barre & Hypoxic Ischemic Injury – 15:31 mins
- Session 7: Brain Death Determination – 7:56 mins
Module 7: Gastrointestinal
- Session 1: Gastrointestinal Module Overview – 1:47 mins
- Session 2: Bowel Infarction, Obstruction, Perforation & GI Bleeding – 17:28 mins
- Session 3: Pancreatitis – 10:30 mins
- Session 4: Hepatic Failure – 26:46 mins
- Session 5: GI Trauma, Intra-abdominal hypertension, Bariatric Surgery – 21:26 mins
Module 8: Hematology
- Session 1: Hematology Module Overview – 0:55 mins
- Session 2: Anemia & Coagulopathies – 19:51 mins
- Session 3: ITP, DIC & HIT – 14:58 mins
Module 9: Multi-System
- Session 1: Multi-System Module Overview – 1:16 mins
- Session 2: Sepsis Anaphylaxis Rhabdo Shock States – 26:37
- Session 3: Overdoses, Alcohol Withdraw, Delirium – 44:25 mins
Module 10: Professional Caring & Ethical Practices
- Session 1: Professional Caring & Ethical Practice Module overview – 0:44 mins
- Session 2: Professional Caring & Ethical Practice – 26:18 mins
Module 11: Hemodynamics
- Session 1: Hemodynamics Module Overview – 1:03 mins
- Session 2: Hemodynamic Concepts – 27:06 mins
- Session 3: The Pulmonary Artery Catheter (PAC) – 28:05 mins
- Session 4: The Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump (IABP) & Shock States – 16:07 mins
Nicole Kupchik MN, RN, CCNS, CCRN-K, PCCN-K
Nicole Kupchik has been a critical care nurse for over 25 years. Originally from Northwest Indiana, she worked as a traveling nurse and settled in Seattle, WA in 1998. She graduated from Purdue University in 1993 and in 2008 obtained a Master of Nursing as a Clinical Nurse Specialist from the University of Washington.
After moving to Seattle, Nicole took great interest in Resuscitation while working at Harborview Medical Center. She was part of a team who wrote one of the first protocols in the US for Therapeutic Hypothermia after cardiac arrest and has published numerous papers on the topic. In 2009, she led a team that launched an award-winning Sepsis Alert System.
In 2013, Nicole founded Nicole Kupchik Consulting, Inc. She has taught CCRN® & PCCN® Certification Review courses for over 10 years and has helped thousands of nurses achieve certification! She strongly believes every nurse can and should be board certified in their specialty!
In 2017, Nicole published “Ace the CCRN®: You Can Do It” Study Guide and Practice Question Book as well as well as “Ace the PCCN®: You Can Do It” Study Guide and Practice Question Book. In 2018, she published “Ace the CMC®: You Can Do It” Study Guide. Her latest book, “Ace the CSC®: You Can Do It!” Study Guide for the Cardiac Surgery Certification was published in March 2019.
Nicole Kupchik Consulting, Inc. is an approved provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider #16363. This program is approved for 16.75 contact hours.
Course Refund Policy
Once the purchase for the course is made and accessed online, there are no refunds available.